Pub19 trade show announces speaker line-up
7th January 2019
The UK’s only dedicated trade show for the pub industry, PUB19, has secured a stellar line up of speakers for this year’s show, including the thought-provoking J D Wetherspoon’s Chairman Tim Martin.
Martin, who founded the successful pub giant J D Wetherspoon is well known for his candid view on a number of issues impacting the industry, most recently Brexit and the benefits of leaving the European Union; and the role of social media after shutting down all of the company’s accounts. At PUB19, Martin will be speaking with Peter Martin, Vice President of CGA, on the topic of Growth in the Face of Adversity.
Across the two days, 5th and 6th February 2019, there will be a whole host of industry experts, influencers, leading operators and suppliers, discussing a whole host of topics designed to help attendees develop their business and make 2019 a successful, profitable year. These include:
- Charlie McVeigh, Founder of Draft House, joining award-winning beer writer and broadcaster Pete Brown, along with pub operators Lee Cash, Joycelyn Neve and James Nye to discuss strategies for growing your business
- David McDowall, CEO – Retail of BrewDog will be interviewed by Mark McCulloch, Founder and CEO of We Are Spectacular about why 2019 will be ‘Year of the Dog’
- Kate Nicholls, CEO of UKHospitality, Brigid Simmonds, Chief Executive of BBPA, Chris Hill, CEO of New World Trading Company and Kris Gumbrell, CEO of Brewhouse & Kitchen will examine the issue of improving recruitment and retention in the sector
- Paul Dickinson, Director of Food at Fuller’s, Ben Handley, Chef Patron at The Duck Inn, Tristan Hogg, Co-Founder and MD of Pieminister, and Ronnie Kimbugwe¸ Executive Head Chef, Bel and the Dragon, will share their top tips on running a profitable kitchen
The talks and workshops at PUB19 have been carefully designed to ensure visitors to the show can network with likeminded individuals, discuss experiences and come away with key learnings and fresh ideas. Other key discussion points across the three theatres – The PUB Theatre, in partnership with Nationwide Energy, The PUB Trends Bar, in partnership with Fever-Tree, and The Taproom, will include:
- Reasons to be Cheerful, and how pubs can capitalise on trends and prosper in 2019
- The PUB Trends Report: What Does the Punter Really Want?
- Last Orders – what the new age of pubs need to do to create customer ‘experience’
- Cider, is it the most misunderstood drink at the bar?
- How to sell more ‘low and no’ alcohol
Mark McCulloch, Founder and CEO of We Are Spectacular, comments: “PUB19 has absolutely cemented itself as a key date in the industry’s diary every year, and one that many publicans would be silly to miss. For me, it’s a vital platform to meet peers, share information, hear about what is happening in the industry and the predicted trends. The line up of speakers this year bring fantastic knowledge, experience and insight with them – it’s set to be another brilliant show.”
PUB19 Commercial Manager, Alex Booth, said: “Every year our speaker line up is bigger and better than before, and this year is no exception. We have some prominent figures from the industry as part of the show this year, including Tim Martin, David McDowall, Joycelyn Neve and Paul Dickinson, who will all be on hand to share their wisdom and learnings with our visitors. On top of that, we have experts from every aspect of pub operations, talking across our three stages.”« Back to News