Make Sausage Week sales sizzle says Bestway Wholesale
29th September 2016
Operators should make the most of the opportunity to put a sizzle in sales not just on Halloween and Bonfire Night, but right through British Sausage Week, says Bestway Wholesale.
The week-long British Sausage Week promotion, running from 31 October to 6 November, takes in the key Halloween and Bonfire Night trading days, occasions which are ideal for sausage snacks and main courses.
Ron Hickey, Bestway Wholesale’s catering and on-trade sales director, says: “UK consumers have an enduring love affair with the great British banger and this national celebration of the sausage, now in its 19th year, is an ideal opportunity for caterers to get creative with this menu classic, to help attract new customers and generate some interest in the local press and on social media. From main courses to sandwiches and sharing platters, sausages are a versatile and popular menu offering.”
Hickey adds: “The week is the ideal time to introduce new sausage dishes or varieties of sausage to menus, such as a sausage sharing board as a snack, or a sausage meat burger. Caterers could also consider launching a sausage and mash mix-and-match board, adding a choice of ‘extras’ such as freshly chopped onion or a local cheese to mash.”
There are in-store butchery departments in 30 Bestway and Batleys depots, with trained butchers on hand to prepare meat to customers’ specific requirements, including handmade sausages.
There are also special offers on Halloween party products in Bestway and Batleys depots, including:
· San Pellegrino Blood Orange 24x330ml £8.49
· Monster Energy 12x500ml £8.45
· Cadbury Spider 26 x 33g £8.99
· Cadbury Ghooost Egg 48 x 40g £15.49
· M&M’s Peanut Halloween Treat Bags 16 x 90g £10.99
Ron Hickey’s Top Tips for Sausage Week Success
· Offering a sausage and mash mix-and-match board, where customers can choose their own variety of sausage, mash and gravy;
· Feature sausages on snack and lunchtime menus, offering dishes such as sharing sausage platters with a selection of mustards, hot dogs, honey glazed chipolatas, sausage rolls or a sausage sandwich;
· Offer special sausage dishes for Halloween and Bonfire night, such as Bonfire bangers and beans with jacket potatoes, bean and sausage hotpot, or hot dogs with a choice of toppings;
· Use a local ale to add a special touch to gravy;
· Add sausage dishes to your kids’ options, such as a sausage and mash hedgehog, sausage pasta or a mini sausage burger.« Back to News