Community Pubs Minister Andrew Percy to Open PUB17
2nd February 2017
Community Pubs Minister Andrew Percy to officially open PUB17, the trade show for the UK pub industry. Percy will outline his plans for the forthcoming year at the Pub Theatre before inviting guests to visit the 200 innovative suppliers and enjoy the multiple networking opportunities.
Visitors will benefit from a range of limited edition and new product launches such as:
- Burts Chips, the Plymouth-based premium snack brand, will be launching two new flavours at the show – Hobgoblin Burts Hamageddon Potato Chips and Levi Roots Caribbean Coconut Curry Groove Cut Chips
- Olives Et Al, the original warm climate food experts, is running two offers specially for PUB17 – purchase four cases of Captain Tiptoes Peanuts and get one free and four buy cases of Pesto and get one free
- Hartridges Ltd, creators of quality and innovative soft drinks for over 130 years, will be unveiling its latest addition to its sparking juice range, Apple Presse
- Westerhall Rums, high quality producer of Branded Rum Product, will be showcasing an exclusive rum punch at PUB17 as well launching its new branding
- SJL Insurance, innovative and high quality insurance brokers, will be running an exclusive darts competition across the two-day show, giving away a £250 red letter day experience to the highest score, and 5% off insurance quotes for any score over 150
- Marmax Products, manufactures of 100% UK recycled plastic outdoor furniture and equipment, will be offering visitors to the show the opportunity to win a heavy-duty picnic bench
In addition, there will be 20 free-to-attend workshops and seminars during PUB17, including a discussion on how to become a hub of the community in the Celebrating Community Heroes talk, a debate on the current hot topics in the beer sector in the Clash of the Titans, and a lesson on 10 ways to improve your pub’s online visibility and grow your business in the Social Media Masterclass.
Community Pubs Minister Andrew Percy said: “Our Great British pubs are the heart of many communities and provide thousands of jobs, boosting the economy by £21 billion a year. PUB17 is a brilliant opportunity for publicans from all over the country to find out about new trends, from craft ales to community-led pubs, to make their businesses even more successful.”
Sam Chance, PUB17 Marketing Manager, said: “We are thrilled to have Andrew Percy on board to open the show – paving the way for what will be a fantastic two days. With so many exclusive offers, talks, seminars and networking opportunities, this year’s show is an unmissable event for the pub industry.”
PUB17 attendees will be able to view the full seminar programme line-up, and register for free by visiting www.thepubshow.co.uk/.« Back to News