Bestway offering food and drink deals for Euro 2016
3rd May 2016
Bestway Wholesale is holding the price on best-selling bottled beers as part of a support package to ensure pubs and bars make the most of the Euro 2016 finals.
Along with deals on cases of 24 bottles of Carlsberg and Budweiser, Bestway’s Price Hold Guarantee for May and June also includes guaranteed low prices on food, snacks and soft drinks likely to be big sellers during the tournament in France.
With the finals in France running from Friday 10 June to Sunday 10 July, Bestway is encouraging pubs to plan a flexible approach during the tournament. Ron Hickey, Catering and On-Trade Sales Director, says: “With England, Wales and Northern Ireland all in action, and a range of afternoon and evening kick-offs, there will be plenty of opportunities for pubs.
“As ever, the weather is likely to be as variable as our team’s performances, so the key will be to keep the menu flexible. Hand-held food such as our own Essentially Catering burgers will work just as well from the barbecue on a sunny evening between matches as they will when served at the table with ice buckets of bottled beer when the focus is on the match.”
“Our Price Hold Guarantee includes football-friendly food and drink at low prices, enabling pubs to stock up for the Euros and plan with confidence.”
Deals included in the Price Hold Guarantee for May and June, available in all Bestway and Batleys depots as well as for free delivery, include:
· Carlsberg 24 x 275ml bottles: £9.99
· Budweiser 24 x 330ml: £15.99
· Essentially Catering 80% Quick Cook American Style Beef Burgers 48 x 113g: £13.99
· KP Nuts Pubcard- Dry Roasted/Salted/Chilli 24 x 50g: £7.99
· Walkers Grab Bags 30/32 x 50g: £9.99
· Coke Glass Bottles - Regular/Diet/Zero/Life Fanta Orange/Sprite 24 x 330ml: £9.69
Ron Hickey’s Top Tips for a successful Euro 2016
· Promote your match-day offer well in advance with posters and flyers;
· Football is often wet-led, so encourage customers to eat by offering linked deals such as a burger with a pint for a fixed price;
· Offer table service to keep groups settled – and spending – for the duration;
· Mixed groups stay longer and spend more than just men - encourage a mix of customers with offers on cocktails, wine and soft drinks as well as beer;
· Don’t rely on the home nations – plan to make the semi-finals and final a big occasion whichever teams are playing, by promoting barbecues and meal deals.
Hickey adds, “Along with our highly competitive prices, our offer also includes free delivery, products available on a sale or return basis and a range of payment options, with credit accounts available and no credit card surcharges.
“We’ve also increased our sales and business development teams over the past 12 months to ensure we have face–to-face contact with customers to help them develop their businesses.”« Back to News