Hi-Spirits has the gin journey mapped out
30th May 2018
With gin continuing to grow in popularity, Hi-Spirits is helping on-trade operators and their customers to confidently navigate the category with an innovative new support package that maps out the gin journey.
Launching in time for World Gin Day on Saturday, 9 June, the Hi-Spirits initiative means that anyone can become a gin explorer, and discover the wide choice of flavours and styles the category offers.
Gin sales were worth £729 million to the on-trade last year, according to WSTA figures. Hi-Spirits gin portfolio offers a range of flavours, price points and countries of origin, each offering consumers something different.
Working with the specialists at Gin Foundry, Hi-Spirits has carefully segmented its gin range, as well as benchmarking it against the wider category. This information has been incorporated into a range of brand support available to pubs and bar, which includes:
- A gin flavour map which spotlights the wide range of flavour and variations that different botanicals bring to gin, not just amongst the brands which Hi-Spirits supplies, but also when compared to the category as a whole;
- Detailed flavour wheels and brand presenters for each gin, which gives more detail of their flavour and character, and also includes both a recommended cocktail serve and a twist on the classic gin & tonic for each brand;
- Tasting mats to enable bar staff and customers to compare and contrast the flavours of the different gins;
- Bespoke passport-style gin menus which encourage customers to board the gin flight and try signature serves from a global gin range.
Dan Bolton, managing director of Hi-Spirits, said: "On-trade operators now appreciate that consumers expect a choice of gin, but it's just as important that every gin on the back bar earns it place with a distinct character and interesting signature serves.
"Whether they're new to the gin trail or already seasoned travellers in the category, this new support programme for our gin portfolio will help both operators and consumers get maximum enjoyment from the gin journey."
The Hi-Spirits gin portfolio includes:
- Blackwoods 40%: Made with Shetland botanicals infused with juniper, coriander and lime
- Blackwoods 60%: Bold, fresh gin made with Shetland foraged wild thyme and meadowsweet
- Broker's: Five time distilled quintessential classic London Dry Gin
- Broker's 47%: Premium variant with citrus and spice notes
- Brooklyn: Super premium small batch New York gin made with fresh citrus peels and hand-cracked juniper
- Distillery No. 209: Five times distilled super-premium gin from San Francisco
- Langley's No 8: Made with 100% English grain spirit and classic gin botanicals
- Langley's Old Tom: A classic recipe redeveloped for the modern era
- Scapegrace Classic: Artisan dry gin with a fresh New Zealand slant
- Scapegrace Gold: 57% ABV Navy-strength New Zealand gin with an added tangerine flavour note
- The King of Soho: A complex London Dry gin crafted with 12 botanicals for a unique flavour profile
« Back to News